Note: Some links in this post contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase. That’s actually one of the ways you make money blogging! Thanks for supporting my blogging dreams!
Most of all of you know what WordPress is, and the reason why is because WordPress is extremely popular on the internet. It’s so popular in fact that over 23% of all websites are powered by WordPress. That’s over 60 million websites and it’s growing by the minute.
So what’s so great about WordPress? I mean there a ton of website creators that are cheaper (than hiring a developer) and easier to use. Well you know just as well as I do, easier doesn’t always mean better!
Here’s a few really great reasons I believe every blogger should use WordPress:
- WordPress is a free open source blogging platform – What that means is that a) WordPress is free to use and b) coders/developers are allowed to add any type of plugin they choose the WordPress plugin database. When you have so many minds collaborating one project, what you get is creative greatness! There are currently over 29,000 WordPress plugins that anyone can use to customize their site.
- WordPress is way more flexible than other blogging platforms – When you really get serious about blogging, you’re going to need a lot of tools and customization that you probably didn’t need when you first started out. Some examples of tools professional bloggers use are metric tracking tools, SEO tools, landing page and email autoresponder integrations, membership sites, job boards, shopping carts, and the list goes on and on. You also get to make your website as unique as you want. Just like with fashion, different website themes are in style one day and out of style the next. You want to make sure your site can keep up with the times and always leave a great impression on your readers. WordPress has thousands of themes to choose from with designers making new ones every year.
- You own your site – This is perhaps the most frequently cited reason of why you should be blogging on WordPress. With other website building platforms like Squarespace, Weebly, Wix, and WordPress.com, you don’t own your website. They can take it down at any time if they feel like you are violating one of their rules. Also, WordPress.com puts ads on your site and makes money from your work without giving you a dime.
- You can monetize your blog without worrying about breaking rules – Since you don’t own your blog you have to worry about terms and conditions when it comes to setting up ads, membership sites, or shopping carts. With your own WordPress site you don’t have to worry about anyone else. You can really do what you want!
To be honest, using a website provider and having your own website is a bit like renting and buying a house. Basically, when you own your a website, you get to do what you want.
If you’ve been convinced that you should start using a WordPress immediately, check out this complete tutorial to installing and designing a website.
The Complete Guide to Starting a WordPress Website
- How to Start a Website in 20 Minutes or Less – Setting Up A Website on Bluehost Hosting
- How to Design Your Blog (With No Code)
- The Top 5 Plugins Every Blogger Needs & How to Install Them
Thank you for reading day 2 of my blogging challenge! Make sure to post your article in the Facebook group and if you haven’t joined my blogging challenge yet and would like to be a part of it, check this out!